Friday, February 22, 2013

Favorites on Friday

Good morning! I know that many of us are certainly ready for the weekend, especially those of us who have been or are going to be battling the blizzard conditions today.      

Image from Pine Cones and Acorns, Calatrava in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I, like many of you am a voracious reader of blogs and I frequently bookmarks posts that I enjoy and want to go back to or share with my sisters.



This is not a new idea in blog land but it is new here, I am thinking that on Fridays I will publish my favorite finds from around the web just in case you missed something.

Image from Boxy Colonial

This week there were many favorites but I narrowed it down to just a few. If you are looking for beautiful botanical and animal prints than look no further than the post by Boxy Colonial. Gretchen discovered the Botanicus Digital Library and discovered wonderful birds, (click HERE ) and beautiful plants (click HERE). These are just two of many, many links on this sight. I am planning on spending a few hours on this project next week. 

If you would like to take a virtual tour of Venice than visit Blu Oscar. This blog offers readers a glimpse at not only the highlights of Venice but also the backstreets and everyday life.

If you are settling in for a long winter weekend and would like to sit back and relax with a good book, Pamela at From the House of Edward has published a list of her favorite winter reads.

Image the French Basketeer Blog

And one of my favorite posts this week was from The French Basketeer, Andrea is writing an ebook! "Mon Reve" is a collaboration with two other writers about the best of France. For all of your Francophiles', myself included this e-book is a must. 

London Bakes Feta Leek and Lemon Tart

Last but not least, if you feel like cooking a delicious meal this weekend look no further than London Bakes for a Leek Feta and Lemon tart. 

Do you have any favorite blog posts from this past week? I am always interested in new books, or recipes so if you found something special let me know.

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This is the erfect series Elizabeth as I'm always looking for new books to read and love new blogs. That first picture is amazing! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of you sharing your favorites.....that leek tart is something I am going to go and "investigate' now....yum! Have a happy weekend and sure hope you were able to make it Chicago safe and sound, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear, we are under the storm as I type. I need to get out there later and shovel!!!!!

    Love to see anything you post, any day of the week. Stay safe. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting my birds :). Isn't that site great? Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all caught up with your posts, dear Elizabeth...wow! You are so generous to feature these wonderful people and places....
    And no, one CANNOT have enough transferware! ;)
    Stay safe and cozy this weekend!
    Big hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this one was fun Elizabeth...upholstered headboards by Ange..inspiring! :)

    http://chair-up.blogspot.com/2013/02/upholstered-headboard.html

    Jeanne xx

    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...