Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Apple Pie Oatmeal



Apple Pie Oatmeal: Sources: BowlNapkinsSpoon, Milk Bottle Hallmark

Good morning! Fasten your seat belts we are in for a wintry ride this week. We had very cold winter weather this weekend, sadly no snow. So I have my fingers crossed for a little this week. I know many are going to have a terrible time and for those of you who are stay safe.

Last week I asked what you eat for breakfast and the choices ran the gamut from nothing, to sandwiches, to leftovers, to eggs, yogurt, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and more.


Apple Pie Oatmeal: Sources: BowlNapkinsSpoon

I do not eat oatmeal often but my sister eats it everyday and this is her favorite way to eat it. IF you want something that has the essence of apple pie this is the breakfast for you. I think it is perfect for a cold winter day. If you are in the path of the storm you might want to make a pot of this for the week.






Apple Pie Oatmeal
Serves 2

1 cup oatmeal
2 cups water
pinch of salt
1 small chopped apple
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons chopped pecans

Combine the oatmeal, water, salt  and apple in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer until done. Mix in the cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans. Pour into bowls and enjoy. I personally like a lot of spice, so I add more cinnamon, if you like less than use less. Add more apples and pecans for garnish.

Do you have a special oatmeal recipe that you like? If you feel like sharing please do.

I hope that you have a great day. Stay safe in the storms.

For those of use who will probably not see snow but would like too I hope you enjoy this collage of snow photos.








8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I've had my oats like this before, and I add a dash of vanilla and milk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had it that way as an instant oatmeal! Sorry to say that....

    I'm going to try this because it gives you the heartiness of oatmeal with a little shot of protein from the nuts. Sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Pie AND Oatmeal? What a beautiful combo. I wish I had some with my coffee this morning as I am watching the flakes!! Stay warm, dear Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicous!! It is lunchtime here, but with the snow piling up, a bowl of oatmeal might just be a perfect lunch! Hugs to you, Elizabeth dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal is one my favorite ways to warm up a chilly morning, this one looks delicious! Thank you for sharing...Stay warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Sounds like the perfect combination.
    Thank so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...