Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Just Curious...Do You Celebrate St. Patrick's Day?


Good morning! Did you survive the storm? Hopefully everyone that lost their power has it back by now. We had a lot of rain and gale force winds other than that it was fine.





Friday is St.Patrick's Day and I am curious do you celebrate the day? Or do you believe that only the Irish should celebrate?  If you do celebrate, did you go to any of the parades?  I have read that in Ireland it is a religious holiday and is spent celebrating St. Patrick and I do not mean at a bar. For those of you "in the know" please let me know.


Corned Beef Grilled Cheese from Spicy Southern Kitchen


I do not like corned beef and cabbage, I will eat a Rueben sandwich but I am not sure that it actually an Irish meal.


Bangers and Mash from the Self Proclaimed Foodie


I will be having Bangers and Mash. I could do without the bangers and just have a big bowl of mashed potatoes and stout onion gravy because creamy, butter laden mashed potatoes smothered in gravy are one of my favorite savory meals.


What about you? Do you celebrate with a traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage? Or do you make and eat something else? Will you be downing a pint or two of Guinness? I read that 5.5 million pints of Guinness are consumed a day, on St.Patrick's day that number DOUBLES! That is a lot of beer. 


Nigella Lawson Stout Cake

If you don't want to waste your calories on savory food and beer than you could make Nigella Lawsons' Stout Cake, it is fudgy, moist and delicious.


Guinness Stout Brownie's


If you don't feel like making a cake than I highly recommend these Guinness Stout Brownies, they are fabulous. 


Bailey's Hot Chocolate


Perhaps you want something a little "lighter"?" Than definitely try the Bailey's Hot Chocolate, especially if you are still having cold and snowy weather.


Thank you for sharing your St.Patrick's day recipes. I hope that you have a fabulous day.



SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. I think Ruebens are from the Jewish culture! I lived in Boston for many years where St. Patricks Day was seriously celebrated! But with no Irish ties myself, I simply enjoy from a distance. Not a lover of cornbeef, but I do love cabbage, in my soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks amazing but the brownies may be what I fix! Happy Wednesday, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother would always make Irish stew on St. Patrick's Day, and some dessert featuring Guinness, which would generally be the only time of the year there'd be beer in the house!

    I don't drink, so I won't be in a bar on Friday. I will wear some green- about the only parts of my wardrobe that qualify are a green T-shirt and a scarf that has some green in it.

    There is a large Irish descended population in the Ottawa Valley, so the St. Patrick's parade tends to be held on the Saturday leading up to the day (I wonder if it'll be held on the day itself next year). I took photos of it this past weekend and am featuring it over at my photoblog from today through Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...